Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Green With Fabric Envy

After the recent rise in temperature; you would think it was already summer, but hold on; it's still spring. And after the long cold winter, I'm glad to see the nice weather surrounding us.

This warm weather brings lush gardens, and parks that our open again for plenty to enjoy. Trees, flowers and lawns begin to grow and blossom. Experiencing the great outdoors is much more enjoyable for me, and many others, during the spring than during the bitter, cold weather that winter brings us.

When I think of spring; I think of green; like nature; not money (but money never hurts) and how all of the barren branches become fresh with new life.

I might even admit that a particular green might be my favorite color; but that's for another time. Right now, I'd like to share with you some of my favorite green, nature-inspired fabrics to spark your minds with ideas for spring design!

You can use the textiles below to create a new pillow, sew some new drapery panels or even reupholster a beloved chair. You will be bringing spring into your home.

Enjoy!

Green Colored Nature Inspired Fabrics - Part I


Fabrics clockwise from top left...
Hidden Temple/Emerald
Fenway Garden/Billiard Green
Fleur Raffia/Mint
Island Flower/Marine


Green Colored Nature Inspired Fabrics - Part II


Fabrics clockwise from top left...
Enchanted Vine/Emerald
Bloom City/Billiard Green
Elizas Garden/Blossom
Moon Blossom/Orchid


photos and fabrics from Robert Allen





No comments:

Post a Comment